Update: Our online shop is sold out of Beer : Barrel : Time 2018 bottles.
Side Project Brewing is excited to announce the 2018 release of our non-adjunct, Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout that focuses on three key things that really exemplify Side Project – the Beer we brewed, the Barrels that beer aged in and the Time spent in those barrels.
Before we describe what Beer : Barrel : Time 2018 consists of, we wanted to pull some information from our 2017 BBT blog post to explain what BBT is and why we brew it:
* * * To kick off our first larger Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout release, we wanted to showcase why our brewers first fell in love with this style and the purity of what beer does when aged in our favorite barrels for the amount of time it tells us it needs.
Adjuncts are very popular right now (and we all know Cory loves adjuncts and loves brewing stouts with them!), but we feel as though before we start trying to produce larger batches of our adjunct stouts, we want what may be the first Side Project Barrel-Aged Stout that many of you try to be of its purest form, nothing hiding behind any integrated ingredients. We want the vanilla, the coconut, the chocolates and all of the other lovely flavors found in this style to come from our process, our recipes, our barrels, our blending and our time.
Beer : Barrel : Time represents this marriage. * * *
The barrel stock we tasted through to choose the 2018 BBT blend is the exact same stock that we pull from for the Derivations and all of our stouts. We have brewed 12 different stout recipes, aged them in a variety of barrels, and then always thoughtfully selected and blended to achieve our goals, whether it be Beer : Barrel : Time, a new blend of Derivation or the Barrel-Aged Stouts by Shared.
For Beer : Barrel : Time 2018, we chose a blend of our stout recipes that consisted of O.W.K. aged in Willett Bourbon barrels for 20 months, … (Ellipses) aged in Heaven Hill barrels for 23 months and Derivation Blend #3 aged in Knob Creek barrels for 17 months. Whereas BBT 2017 spent a little less time in barrel, the additional average age for the 2018 blend let the rich chocolate and sweet coconut notes of the beer and oak come forward a bit more, resembling some of the older, non-adjunct Derivation Blends.
Beer : Barrel : Time is planned to be a yearly release that will happen every Thanksgiving weekend. It will always be no adjunct purity! Read on to discover how you can purchase your bottle of Side Project Beer : Barrel Time 2018.
1. To-Go Side Project Beer : Barrel : Time 2018 is a 750ml bottle for $40 + tax. You must be 21 years old to purchase.
2. Bottles of BBT 2018 will be available to purchase TO GO via our web site only. The bottles will go live in our online shop this weekend: www.sideprojectbrewing.com/shop. We will TWEET from @SideProjectCell when the shop is live.
3. You are only allowed to purchase one bottle TOTAL per person. This will spread the bottles out to as many people as possible. If you purchase more than one bottle, ALL of your purchases will be refunded – no exceptions. Make sure there is only 1 bottle in your cart at checkout!
You can purchase ONE of four options based on where and when you’d like to pick up your BBT:
CELLAR FRIDAY: NOV. 23RD Pick-Up between 1pm and 11pm (7373 Marietta Ave.)
CELLAR SATURDAY: NOV. 24TH Pick-Up between 1pm and 11pm (7373 Marietta Ave.)
BREWERY SATURDAY: NOV 24th Pick-Up between 12pm and 7pm (7458 Manchester Road)
BREWERY SUNDAY: NOV 25th Pick-Up between 12pm and 7pm (7458 Manchester Road)
4. Bottles must be picked up by the purchaser. Absolutely no proxies. If you cannot be there to pick up your bottle within the allotted timeframe, do not purchase a bottle.
5. There is no physical “ticket." After you successfully make your purchase, your name will be emailed to us. All you will need is your valid photo ID that matches the BBT purchaser name to pick up your bottle at the appropriate location on the appropriate day. If Peter Parker purchases a BBT, then Peter Parker needs to show up to pick up his BBT with a valid photo ID that says he is Peter Parker.
6. Purchases are non-transferable and non-refundable and must be claimed on the date specified.
7. Bottles must be picked up at the location and on the specified date you chose. You cannot purchase a Cellar pick up & pick up your bottle at the Brewery. The brewery will NOT have your name on their list.
8. If you do not pick up your purchased BBT during the BBT weekend, you are forfeiting your bottle. Any unclaimed bottles not picked up will be used for charitable donations, raffles or auctions by Side Project Brewing.
9. All Sales are Final. Just to reiterate – no refunds, no transfers, no exchanges, no changes to your purchase and no proxy pick-ups.
- Side Project Beer : Barrel : Time 2018 will be available for on-site enjoyment at both locations in addition to your one to-go bottle per person that was purchased online.
- Thanksgiving Weekend is meant for sharing with friends and family! Due to the high ABV of these beers, only one 750ml bottle of on-site Imperial Stout/Barleywine will be allowed per person. So if you want to enjoy more than one 750ml bottle of High-ABV beer, there needs to be more than one person. The Side Project Cellar and Brewery Tasting Room are also great places to meet people and split fun bottles! Please drink responsibly and use Designated Drivers, Ubers, Lyfts, Taxis, etc...
- We also have some fun surprises in store for the entire weekend! We look forward to kicking off the holiday season with you!
- If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com. Thank you!