Zwanze Day is 3 Days away! (Tickets are sold out.)
ZWANZE DAY: Saturday, October 1, 2016
TIME: 12pm to 5pm
(Check-in begins at 11:30am, Beer starts flowing at 12pm)
WORLDWIDE ZWANZE TOAST: 2pm Central
WHERE: The Parking lot of the future Side Project Brewing: 7458 Manchester Ave. (There will be fun going on inside & outside!)
Notes & Reminders for Zwanze Day Ticket Holders:
1. There is no physical ticket for Zwanze Day. If you purchased a ticket online or inside The Side Project Cellar, then you are on the Zwanze list. All you will need to bring to Zwanze Day is your valid ID! You must bring your valid ID to Zwanze Day.
2. No one without a ticket and no one under 21 years old (this includes the children of ticket holders) will be permitted in Zwanze Day.
3. PARKING – A reminder that parking will not be available in the Side Project Brewing parking lot due to the event. Please do NOT park in our new neighbors’ private lots. Please use the public parking provided by the wonderful City of Maplewood. (The large public parking lot right next to The Side Project Cellar is available and only about 1.5 blocks from Side Project Brewing!)
o Using a Designated Driver is an even better idea than parking! Please have your designated driver enjoy his or her afternoon elsewhere and come pick you up later. We also encourage ticket holders to use Uber or any taxi service. Please be smart!
4. Zwanze Day at Side Project Brewing will take place Rain or Shine. No refunds.
5. Beer starts pouring at 12pm, but we will start checking people in by 11:30am. There will be two check-in lines to help with traffic flow. If you purchased a ticket inside The Side Project Cellar, please stand in the Cellar Ticket check-in line. If you purchased a ticket online, please stand in the Online Ticket check-in line.
6. If you break your Zwanze Day glass, you will be given a plastic cup. You are welcome to purchase a new glass if you would like.
7. A reminder that The Side Project Cellar will be CLOSED all day Saturday, Oct. 1st. The Side Project Cellar will be OPEN regular hours Friday, Sept. 30th from 1pm to 11pm.
What will be CASH ONLY?
- The raffle benefitting Friends of Kids with Cancer is CASH ONLY. We’d love for you to bring a little extra cash to support this St. Louis organization and to try to win some delicious beer! To refresh your memory… Raffle tickets can be purchased for $5 each, and 100% of the money raised from the raffles will benefit https://www.friendsofkids.com . You can purchase as many raffle tickets as you want – it’s for a great cause! You must be present to win and raffle ticket winners will be announced at 5pm sharp. We are raffling off the following:
o Magnum of Side Project Fuzzy Blend #2
o Magnum of Side Project Balaton
o Magnum of Side Project / Casey Collaboration Leaner
o Magnum of Casey / Side Project Collaboration Leaner
o 750ml of Side Project Double Barrel Derivation
What will be Cash or Credit?
- Additional Zwanze 2016 glassware will be available for purchase.
- Zwanze 2016 shirts will be available for purchase.
- “Everyday” Side Project merch like shirts, hoodies, slouchies, glassware, bottle openers & stickers will be available for purchase.
- FOOD VENDORS! We are so excited that two of our amazing Maplewood neighbors will be serving food. http://www.bolyardsmeat.com and http://gusfriedchicken.com will be set up by 1pm and accepting cash or credit.
What is not allowed inside Zwanze Day?
- Outside Alcohol and Coolers will not be permitted in Zwanze Day. We want you to keep your beer to bottle share another day and enjoy the delicious beer we’ve provided for you. Thank you!
What is allowed inside Zwanze Day?
- We are setting up high-top “cocktail” tables and barrels for you to set your glass on hang out. It looks like our awesome new tasting room chairs are most likely not going to be in by Zwanze Day. So you are allowed to bring a portable chair if you would like. Sort of like at Great Taste of the Midwest, you are welcome to set up (1 chair per person) and relax with your beer sample and enjoy the day. (If you decide to bring a chair, please set up to the side in an appropriate place – AKA not right in front of any beer stations or in the middle of the event! We will ask you to sit elsewhere if we need to.)
- There will be kegged water, but you are welcome to bring additional water if you would like.
I am still receiving final beers this week, but I thought I would let you know that we will be pouring incredible beer from the following breweries. Each beer that is currently being poured will be posted on neon pink signs:
De La Senne
The Civil Life
The Rare Barrel
… and perhaps a few more!
Thank you to our dear friends who have agreed to let us pour their amazing beers at our Zwanze celebration!
We are honored to be hosting Zwanze Day and excited for you all come spend the afternoon with us. See you soon! Thank you!