Side Project Brewing is excited to announce the release of our non-adjunct, Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout that focuses on three key things that really exemplify Side Project – the Beer we brewed, the Barrels that beer aged in and the Time spent in those barrels.
As many of you know, Cory admits to having a huge sweet tooth, yet he fully appreciates elegant red wines and beautiful bourbons – a great combination of the defining characteristics that we strive to achieve in our Barrel-Aged Imperial Stouts. We are so grateful our Barrel-Aged Imperial Stouts have garnered a lot of love from our customers, but it has been hard not being able to really produce enough of these beers in a larger to-go release format. We do love sharing what we do and what we work to create, but unless you visit our places in Maplewood, enjoying one of our stouts can usually be difficult.
Since the start of our production brewery in Maplewood, we have been working very hard getting more of our favorite style into more of our favorite bourbon and whiskey barrels, and the time to bottle enough of a Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout to be able to share with you has finally arrived! This will be an actual To-Go release Thanksgiving weekend where you will be able to purchase one bottle online in advance and pick it up either at The Side Project Cellar Friday or Saturday OR at the brewery tasting room Saturday or Sunday.
Please let us introduce our newest Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout, the 2017 release of Side Project Beer : Barrel : Time.
To kick off our first larger Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout release, we wanted to showcase why our brewers first fell in love with this style and the purity of what beer does when aged in our favorite barrels for the amount of time it tells us it needs.
Adjuncts are very popular right now (and we all know Cory loves adjuncts and loves brewing stouts with them!), but we feel as though before we start trying to produce larger batches of our adjunct stouts, we want what may be the first Side Project Barrel-Aged Stout that many of you try to be of its purest form, nothing hiding behind any integrated ingredients. We want the vanilla, the coconut, the chocolates and all of the other lovely flavors found in this style to come from our process, our recipes, our barrels, our blending and our time.
Beer : Barrel : Time represents this marriage.
Brian, Tommy and Cory sat down at our barrel warehouse and tasted through more than 50 of our bourbon and whiskey barrels in an attempt to craft the blend of Beer : Barrel : Time. We chose a selection of barrels, a majority from Willett and the rest from Heaven Hill that exemplified what Brian (formerly of Goose Island), Tommy (formerly of Perennial) and Cory believe to epitomize Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout. This barrel stock is the exact same stock that we pull from for the Derivations and all of our stouts. We have brewed eight different recipes now, aged them in a variety of barrels, and then always thoughtfully selected and blended to achieve our goals, whether it be Beer : Barrel : Time, a new blend of Derivation, or the yet-to-be-released Barrel-Aged Coffee Shop Vibes by Shared.
Beer : Barrel : Time is planned to be a yearly release that will happen every Thanksgiving weekend. It will always be no adjunct purity. Along with this release, we plan to have the newest Derivation Blend #8 in all of its adjunct glory, available for on-site enjoyment at both The Side Project Cellar and our brewery tasting room. We plan to make that weekend a full showcase of decadence!
Read on to discover how you can purchase your bottle.
Side Project Brewing
1. Bottles of Beer : Barrel : Time will be available to purchase via our web site only. The bottles will go live in our online shop this weekend: www.sideprojectbrewing.com/shop . We will tweet when the shop is live, and we plan to have a large amount of bottles available.
2. You are only allowed to purchase one bottle total per person. This will spread the bottles out to as many people as possible and will allow bottles to be available for purchase for a longer period of time on the web site. You can purchase one of two options based on where and when you’d like to pick up your bottle:
- Bottle Purchase to Pick Up at The Side Project Cellar between 1pm and 11pm on Friday, Nov. 24th or Saturday, Nov. 25th. (7373 Marietta Ave.)
- Bottle Purchase to Pick Up at our brewery tasting room between 12pm and 7pm on Saturday, Nov. 25th or Sunday, Nov. 26th. (7458 Manchester Rd.)
The two location pick-ups will help us with traffic flow over the busy weekend.
3. Bottles must be picked up by the purchaser. Absolutely no proxies. If you cannot be there to pick up your bottle within the allotted timeframe, do not purchase a bottle.
4. There is no physical “ticket." After you successfully make your purchase, your name will be emailed to us. All you will need is your valid photo ID and the credit/debit card you made your purchase with to pick up your bottle at the appropriate location.
4. Purchases are non-transferable and non-refundable and must be claimed on the dates specified.
5. Bottles must be picked up at the location you purchased from. You cannot purchase a Cellar pick up & pick up your bottle at the brewery. The brewery will NOT have your name on their list. The brewery and Cellar will have two separate pick-up lists (to help with traffic flow).
6. If you purchase more than one bottle, you will only be allowed to pick up one bottle. You will not receive a refund for any additional bottles purchased, and your money will be donated to a charity.
7. Bottles must be picked up at the location you purchased a pick up for and in the timeframe specified. Any unclaimed bottles will become the property of Side Project Brewing and will be used for charitable donations, raffles or auctions.
8. All Sales are Final. Just to reiterate – no refunds, no transfers, no exchanges, no changes to your purchase and no proxy pick-ups.
9. Bring your valid photo ID & card you made your purchase with to claim your bottle at the appropriate pick up location.
- Side Project Beer : Barrel : Time will be available for on-site enjoyment at both locations in addition to your one to-go bottle per person (that was purchased online).
- Side Project Derivation Blend #8 will also begin for on-site enjoyment only at both locations starting Thanksgiving Weekend!
- It’s a fun Thanksgiving Weekend meant for sharing with friends and family! Due to the high ABV of these beers, only one 750ml of on-site Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout per person. So if you want to enjoy BOTH on-site Beer : Barrel : Time and Derivation Blend #8, there needs to be at least two people. The Side Project Cellar and Brewery Tasting Room are also great places to meet people and split fun bottles!
- If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com. Thank you!