Hello! I wanted to expand on some of the Zwanze Day 2019 information I posted Aug. 16th because it is time to start selling tickets! So here is your official post full of ALL the Zwanze Day 2019 at Side Project Brewing details.
First, I’d like to reiterate that Side Project Brewing and The Side Project Cellar are so honored to be hosting our fifth Zwanze Day. It is so much fun and we cannot thank Cantillon and Shelton Brothers enough! Thank you!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are some notes about this year’s Zwanze blend from Cantillon owner Jean Van Roy:
“The beer for this year's Zwanze was brewed in March 2016 and kegged January 26, 2018.
Contrary to past Zwanze beers, this beer is not the result of a special blend or the addition of a special fruit, but of a wholly unique brew.
On March 1, 2016, we brewed a smoked Lambic using a blend of classic pilsner malt and smoked malt.
Rather than taking the beer to an extreme, we looked instead to find a balance between the acidic character of Lambic and the woodiness of the smoked malt.
The result is a fine Gueuze with the classic notes of a Cantillon, complemented by an elegant smokiness in the nose and on the palate.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
ZWANZE DAY DETAILS:
DATE: Saturday, September 28, 2019
TIME: 12pm to 5pm
(Check in begins at 11:30am, Beer starts flowing at 12pm.)
WORLDWIDE ZWANZE TOAST: 2pm Central Time
WHERE: The Parking Lot of Side Project Brewing: 7458 Manchester Avenue in Maplewood. There will be Zwanze fun going on inside & outside!
TICKETS: $110* Each ($75 Zwanze Day Ticket + $35 Side Project Beer)
*Our Zwanze Tickets used to be $75 Total, but in the past, we've offered the surprise purchase of a fun Side Project beer during Zwanze Day! The purchasing of this beer was always a little hectic toward the end of the event, so we've decided to alleviate that craziness. The surprise beer will already be paid for - you'll only have to pick it up! Hence the $110 price - we are asking you to make one purchase all at once, instead of two separate purchases. (The Zwanze Day ticket price is non-negotiable. You cannot purchase a $75 ticket without the $35 beer.)
FOOD: Some wonderful Maplewood food vendors will be celebrating Zwanze Day with us! Food is NOT included in the price of the ticket. Food will be available for purchase (cash or credit).
BREWER LIST IN PROGRESS: We will have beer from the following breweries & more. Thank you to our dear friends from these wonderful breweries who have agreed to let us purchase their beers for our celebration!
- Cantillon Zwanze 2019!
- Additional Cantillon kegs!
- Side Project
- Maine Beer Co.
- Russian River
- Tired Hands
- Sante Adairius Rustic Ales
- Firestone Walker
- Off Color
- Creature Comforts
- de Garde
- Hill Farmstead
- Casey Brewing & Blending
- The Rare Barrel
- Jester King
… and MORE!
Friends of Kids with Cancer Magnum Raffle
Our raffle benefitting an amazing local organization called Friends of Kids with Cancer is returning! We will be raffling off some Magnums (and other sizes!) from Side Project and some of our Brewery Friends!
Raffle Tickets can be purchased for $5 each, and 100% of the money raised from the raffle will benefit Friends of Kids with Cancer. The Raffle is CASH ONLY. You are welcome to purchase as many raffle tickets as you want – it is for a great cause! You must be present to win. Raffle winners will be announced at 4:30pm.
More info about this great St. Louis organization is available here: https://www.friendsofkids.com
- Ticket includes (1) Zwanze 2019/Side Project glass
- Ticket includes (1) small pour of Cantillon Zwanze 2019
- Ticket includes unlimited samples of beers being poured at Zwanze Day while they last. (You are not guaranteed a pour of every single beer. Similar to a beer festival, there will be delicious beer all around & you are invited to sample whatever you want!)
- Ticket includes (1) Bottle of a Surprise To-Go Side Project Beer! This beer is included in the price of the ticket.
- Tickets will be sold (1) per person. If you purchase more than (1) ticket, we will cancel all your tickets and re-sell them at The Side Project Cellar.
- Tickets are Non-Refundable.
- Tickets are Non-Transferable.
- Ticket Purchasers are required to be 21 years old.
- A Valid Photo ID is required for entry into Zwanze Day.
How Tickets will be Sold:
There will be two ways to purchase Zwanze Day 2019 Tickets: (1) Inside The Side Project Cellar & Brewery Tasting Room and (2) Online via our website:
1. A portion of tickets will be sold inside The Side Project Cellar and inside the Brewery Tasting Room during our Open Hours at random times on random days. We will tweet from @SideProjectCell when they are available at The Side Project Cellar. We will tweet from @SideProjectBrew when they are available in the Brewery Tasting Room. 1 ticket per person – no exceptions. You must be present with a valid ID to purchase your ticket. (AKA if you send your Aunt Betsy to purchase your ticket at The Side Project Cellar, then your Aunt Betsy gets to attend Zwanze Day, not you.)
2. A portion of tickets will be sold online in our Side Project online shop: http://www.sideprojectbrewing.com/shop/ There will be TWO opportunities to purchase online tickets. This is not a lottery - If you purchase a ticket before it sells out on one of the two online-selling occasions, then we will see you at Zwanze Day! We will not tweet any advanced notice, we will only tweet from @SideProjectCell when they are available for sale. 1 ticket per person – no exceptions.
- In the past, online tickets have sold out very quickly. Please note that you may have the ticket placed in your online “cart” (along with many other people at the exact same time), but you must fully complete your transaction and receive an email confirmation to have successfully purchased an online ticket to Zwanze Day. Once you receive that confirmation email, then we were emailed your name and you successfully purchased a ticket!
- If the Tickets say “Sold Out” in the Shop then they are currently not available for purchase.
- Reminder that if you purchase more than 1 ticket, we will cancel ALL your tickets.
- Please keep in mind that we are trying to offer tickets in the fairest way we can think of while also managing the high traffic either online or inside the Brewery Tasting Room and The Side Project Cellar. Thank you for your understanding.
1. PARKING: Parking will not be available in the Side Project Brewing parking lot due to the outdoor set up. Please do NOT park in our neighbors’ private lots and use the public parking provided by the City of Maplewood. Do not park in the CVS parking lot or any other private parking lots. The large public parking lot right next to The Side Project Cellar is available, and only about 1.5 blocks from Side Project Brewing!
2. The Side Project Cellar will be CLOSED all day on Saturday, Sept. 28th, for our Zwanze Day celebration taking place at Side Project Brewing. (The SP Cellar will be Open regular hours 1pm to 11pm Friday, Sept. 27th.)
3. The Side Project Brewing Tasting Room will be Closed to the Public on Saturday, Sept. 28th, and only Zwanze Day 2019 ticket holders will have access to the event from 12 to 5pm. (The Side Project Brewing tasting room will be Open regular hours 12pm to 7pm Sunday, Sept. 29th.)
4. We will have new Zwanze 2019 (designed by Tim Bottchen!) shirts available for purchase (Unisex Sizes XS – 3XL)
5. Additional Zwanze 2019 glassware will be available for purchase.
6. If you break your Zwanze Day glass, you will be given a plastic cup. You are welcome to purchase a new glass if you choose to.
7. To-Go Side Project and Shared Beers and merch (glassware, shirts, bottle openers, etc…) will also be available for purchase just like normal!
8. This event will take place rain or shine.
9. No Refunds.
10. Tickets are Non-Transferable.
11. You must be 21 years old to purchase a ticket.
12. Bring a valid photo ID to Zwanze Day for entrance. The purchased ticket name must match the name on your photo ID.
13. Only folks with a Zwanze Day 2019 Ticket will be permitted in the event. Using a Designated Driver is a wonderful idea, and we invite you to do so! But please have your designated driver enjoy their afternoon elsewhere and come pick you up later. We also encourage ticket purchasers to use Uber, Lyft or any taxi service. Be Smart!
14. There will be additional restrooms available.
15. Remember that appropriate “beer festival” etiquette is expected at our Zwanze Day 2019 Celebration. Please be respectful.
16. Still have a question? Please direct your inquiry to email@example.com.
We are excited for you to join us for Zwanze Day 2019! Thank you!