Side Project Brewing is excited to announce the release of Längst Blend #2. Here’s a little info about this unique beer from Brewer Cory King:
I’ve always been a lover of malty, low bitterness beers so the Adambier, although rare, has always intrigued and inspired me. When I began Side Project and had the ability to brew whatever I wanted, I chose the Adambier for Längst early on to add to our rotation of Spirit Barrel-Aged Beers.
Längst was first brewed exclusively for and named by The Wine and Cheese Place in St. Louis. Conceptualized after researching, learning and drinking as many examples of the style as I could, I developed a recipe that I felt represented this traditional style, but also had the Side Project thumbprint on it. A little bigger, more robust, while allowing the barrel to be the star and conditioning to a very mild carbonation level, Längst represents our interpretation of this old-world beer.
For Längst Blend #2, the recipe consisted of 7 malts and was then fermented with a rich, fruity yeast strain. We then aged the beer in Bourbon Barrels until the notes of dried dark fruits, wet leather, peat, caramel and barrel created a harmonious experience. After 18 months in Bourbon barrels, we allowed Längst to condition for an additional 3 months before confirming that it is ready to share with you.
I am very excited to have this beer back and to have bottles that we are able to release to go. With this batch, we are also going to try a new release method (we are going to allow proxies!) to fairly and easily spread one of our Spirit Barrel-Aged examples to as many people as possible.
So! Similar to how you purchase Beer : Barrel : Time, we are going to have an online sale for Längst Blend #2, but we’re going to try a couple different things that will hopefully make the beer easier to purchase and pick up.
1. To-Go Side Project Längst Blend #2 is a 750ml bottle for $40 + tax. You must be 21 years old to purchase. We will check your valid photo ID when you pick up.
2. Bottles of Längst will be available to purchase TO GO via our web site only. The bottles will go live in our online shop: www.sideprojectbrewing.com/shop Saturday, June 8th, between 10am and 10:15am Central Time. We will Instagram and Tweet from @SideProjectCell when the shop is live.
3. You are allowed to purchase up to TWO BOTTLES TOTAL per person. If you purchase more than two bottles, all of your purchase will be refunded. Make sure there is only 1 or 2 bottles in your cart at checkout!
4. We are going to offer a full weekend to full weekend of pick-up days so several options to pick up! You will purchase one of the following options based on where and when you’d like to pick up your 1 or 2 bottles of Längst:
CELLAR Friday, June 28th, 1pm to 11pm
CELLAR Saturday, June 29th, 1pm to 11pm
BREWERY Saturday, June 29th, 12pm to 7pm
BREWERY Sunday, June 30th, 12pm to 7pm
CELLAR Tuesday, July 2nd, 3pm to 10pm
CELLAR Wednesday, July 3rd, 3pm to 10pm
CELLAR Friday, July 5th, 1pm to 11pm
CELLAR Saturday, July 6th, 1pm to 11pm
BREWERY Saturday, July 6th, 12pm to 7pm
BREWERY Sunday, July 7th, 12pm to 7pm
All of the 10 time slots are already loaded into our online shop http://www.sideprojectbrewing.com/shop . They are currently listed as “Sold Out,” but I thought it might be beneficial to look at all the options beforehand and figure out which place & time is going to work best for you.
5. If the beer cannot be picked up by the purchaser, we are going to allow proxies for Längst pick ups. If you cannot be there to pick up your beer, please forward your email confirmation to your proxy. We will not let anyone pick up beer that isn’t theirs without an email confirmation. Your proxy also needs their valid photo ID to pick up your beer. And yes, one proxy can pick up for multiple people.
6. There is no physical “ticket.” After you successfully make your purchase, you and Side Project will receive an email confirmation with your name. All you need to pick up your Längst is your valid photo ID that matches the Längst purchaser name at the appropriate location on the appropriate day. If you end up needing to use a proxy, your proxy must have your email confirmation as proof you gave them permission to pick up your beer. We will also need to see your proxy’s valid photo ID.
7. Purchases are non-transferable and non-refundable and must be claimed on the date and place specified.
8. Beer must be picked up at the location and on the specified date you chose. You cannot purchase a Cellar pick up and pick up your beer at the Brewery because the Brewery will NOT have your name on their pick up list. If you find out that you cannot pick up your beer at the time and place you purchase, you can use a proxy as stated above.
9. If you or your proxy fail to pick up your Längst, you are forfeiting your bottle(s). Any unclaimed bottles not picked up will be used for charitable donations, raffles or auctions by Side Project Brewing.
We plan to have Längst Blend #2 available for on-site enjoyment during the pick-up dates as well!
The Side Project Cellar will be closed Thursday, July 4th, so there are no Längst pick ups on that day.
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The Side Project Brewing Team