Every year at this time, we are reminded of why our brewers fell in love with this style and the purity of what beer does when aged in our favorite barrels for the amount of time it tells us it needs.
We all know Cory and our team of brewers love brewing stouts with delicious adjuncts, but we also enjoy creating Side Project Barrel-Aged Stout in its purest form with nothing hiding behind any integrated ingredients. We want the vanilla, the coconut, the chocolates and all of the other robust flavors found in this style to come from our process, our recipes, our barrels, our blending and our time.
Beer : Barrel : Time represents this marriage.
The barrel stock we tasted through to choose the BBT 2023 blend is the exact same stock that we pull from for the Derivations and all of our stouts. We have brewed 22 different imperial stout recipes, aged them in a variety of barrels, and then always thoughtfully selected and blended to achieve our goals, whether it be Beer : Barrel : Time, a new blend of Derivation or the Barrel-Aged Stout Collaborations with one of our friends.
BEER RECIPES : O.W.K., Vibes, Generational, Henry, Sam
BARRELS : Weller 12, Willett Family Estate Bourbon, and Blanton’s
TIME IN BARRELS : 22 to 44 months
We believe BBT 2023 showcases the rich chocolate and sweet coconut notes of this massive style while also providing the needed roundness and integration of the bourbon and oak characteristics to produce a harmonious experience.
The Package Includes
- Beer : Barrel : Time 2023
- Tête de Cuvée Vintage 2022
- Fermier Vintage 2023
- Sunrises 2023
- BBT Branded Spiegelau Glass
Tête de Cuvée
This Vintage has threads of Oude Fermier and Oude du Ble which were aged for 12 to 25 months in French Oak 225L barrels and 500L puncheons. Inspired by the finest Champagnes of France, we tasted through our entire Saison barrel stock to blend our most elevated Missouri Saison before allowing it to bottle condition, rest, and round for more than 3 months before sharing it with you.
An unblended, Missouri oak expression of our Saison du Fermier recipe, we vintage date our flagship Saison when an exceptional example ferments, ages, and conditions into something new. Fermented with a Belgian Saison yeast, then matured with our native Missouri microflora in oak, this Saison represents the house Side Project Saison character. The first time we have shared this spelt Missouri Saison in a 750mL bottle, we are excited for it to travel the world with BBT 2023 and showcase the Saison production of Side Project.
A Collaboration with Sante Adairius Rustic Ales. Sunrises represents the follow-up to one of our favorite collaborations and Saisons of all time, Sunsets. Sunrises was brewed, inspired-by, and inoculated in the fashion of our previous collab and then blended to tie together flavors of both breweries. A lager which was aged in French Oak with Brettanomyces is the foundation, which was then blended with Saisons fermented with cultures from both Side Project and SARA. The final thread was Oude Fermier which rested on a tiny kiss of blood oranges before the beer was finally blended and bottle conditioned for 5 months before sharing with you.
- Packages of BBT 2023 will be available to purchase TO GO via our website only.
- You must be 21 years old to purchase BBT.
- You are only allowed to purchase one package per transaction.
- You may pick up your Beer : Barrel : Time 2023 package at SIDE PROJECT BREWING AT 7458 Manchester Ave. in Maplewood during normal business hours between Friday, November 24th – Sunday, December 31st. We are not designating pickup weekends this year, but your BBT package must be picked up by Dec. 31, 2023.
- Side Project Brewing is Open Friday – Sunday from 1pm to 8pm and Monday from 3pm to 8pm.
- Holiday Hours – Side Project Brewing will be closing at 6pm on December 24th & December 31st. We will be closed on December 25th & January 1st.
- Proxy Pick Ups are Allowed. One person may pick up for a maximum of 5 total people (including themselves).
- There is no physical BBT “ticket." If you’ve picked up an online order with us before, the process is the same. You will need your order number with the corresponding name on the order to pick up the order.